- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – HAYLEY THIELE & TAMMY JOHNSTON
The Community Development program coordinates services to enhance parenting and community capacity.
- Community development coordinators apply their knowledge and understanding of community strengths, needs and aspirations to provide and coordinate flexible and locally tailored services that engage families.
Community development coordinators
- Community development coordinators aim to:
- Connect families with other families, community activities and learning, and health and support services that best meet their needs
- Facilitate opportunities for families to increase their knowledge and skills around parenting and childhood development
- Support parents to develop personally and build their leadership skills
- Encourage families and staff to have a strong voice about the programs and services offered.
Programs and Services
- Community development coordinators work in partnership with other agencies to facilitate a range of programs and services including:
- Playgroups for parents and carers that include Aboriginal families, dads, step-parents, grandparents, foster carers, family day care educators, refugees and newly arrived families and children
- Parenting programs that include child development, early literacy, song time, music and movement, baby massage, support groups and cooking
- Community events including family fun days, community lunches, school holiday programs, cultural events, celebrations and barbeques
- Personal development to enhance literacy, career pathways, skill development, volunteering, TAFE and SACE studies.